We help commercial real estate brokers navigate high-stakes real estate auctions and achieve their objectives through definite sales or purchases.
Near 100 Percent Closing Rate
During the 36 years in which Sheldon F. Good led Sheldon F. Good & Company, the company closed on nearly 100 percent of the properties it auctioned.
The real estate auction is an alternative real estate marketing technique for non-distressed as well as distressed properties; it can be the preferred real estate marketing choice when property sellers, saddled with the high costs of carry, wish to quickly and efficiently eliminate those operating expenses.
Jump-Start Buyer Interest, Close Within 90 Days
The entire real estate auction process, often completed within 60-90 days, can also:
- Establish true market value for difficult-to-value properties in any market or economic climate;
- Create “transparency” (often useful in estate situations);
- Jump-start buyer interest by creating a sense of urgency; and
- Result in the sale of a property “as-is,” “where-is” and for cash by a certain, pre-determined date.
Auction-appropriate properties can run the gamut from an office, condominium or multi-use complex to a free-standing retail outlet, a hotel, restaurant or healthcare facility to single-family residences, condominium units, multi-million dollar estates, vacation homes, REO, investment properties, golf courses, resorts, industrial properties (warehouses, manufacturing), entertainment venues, theaters, sports facilities, national landmarks, shopping centers, churches, schools, development land and leases.
In the luxury home category, Sheldon F. Good & Company auctioned and sold thousands of luxury residences at ski, golf and oceanfront developments dotting North America. And from time to time, the firm auctioned these properties for celebrity sellers such as Donald Trump or sold them to celebrity buyers such as PGA legend Arnold Palmer. Sheldon F. Good & Company sold all 88 condominium units that were offered at auction in the Trump Plaza of the Palm Beaches.
“I came out well on the sale of the Trump Plaza of the Palm Beaches (Florida) and am very happy with Sheldon Good & Company.”
Donald Trump, chairman and president, The Trump Organization, Inc.
“Sheldon Good is the real estate specialist who made auctions a respectable sales tool.....”
“...Sheldon Good is better at it than anyone else....”
Noteworthy Chicago Real Estate Auctions
Some of Sheldon F. Good’s noteworthy sales at Chicago area auctions included:
- Office high rise at 8 S. Michigan Ave.
- Maine North High School, Des Plaines;
- 80 condominiums in Marina City;
- Remaining land in the Chicago Union Stockyards;
- 11 Goldblatt’s department stores;
- Five Polk Brothers retail properties and adjacent parking lots on North Cicero Avenue;
- International Amphitheatre; and
- Hundreds of properties for the U.S. League of Savings Institutions (national trade organization for S&Ls and community banks, later called America’s Community Bankers).
In its role as real estate auction consultant, Good Realty Group, LLC helps clients select the appropriate type and structure of real estate auction that best suits their particular properties and circumstances. Auctions can be structured as open-outcry, phased or sealed-bid events and can feature one or multiple properties owned by one or several sellers and can be offered with a minimum bid, no minimum bid or with or without reserve.
Good Realty Group, LLC also addresses such auction-related concerns as: